Saturday, March 22, 2008

Availability and the Iraq war

"On my wrist, there’s Arabic for “F you.” I got that put on my wrist just two weeks before we went to Iraq, because that was my choking hand, and any time I felt the need to take out aggression, I would go ahead and use it.
Please go to the next picture. Next, there’s an instance of detainees and how they were treated in a nice manner.
Next, that is the Fatima Mosque minaret. As you can see, it is ridden with bullet holes and holes in the top of it. Those were from mortars. And the next video that I’m going to show you is a tank round that went into that minaret, where we weren’t sure if we were taking fire or not. Actually, I’ll talk about this one. This is after one of the guys in a weapons company had gotten shot. This is a way that we would take out our aggression. For those of you who don’t know, it is illegal to shoot into a mosque, unless you were taking fire from it. There was no fire that was taken from that mosque. It was shot into because we were angry."

This is a statement Jon Michael Turner, former Marine with the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marines, gave at Winter Soldier last week. (see story on Democracy Now)

What? You didn't hear about Winter Soldier? Not suprised, most of the news services didn't cover this event. (Headlined on 3/19/08:Corporate Media Ignored Winter Soldier. )

So, what's not in the news is not available.

No comments: